Friday, April 11, 2008

I am employed!



Today I signed on at UNISA as a part-time lecturer in the Department of Systematic Theology and Ethics! I've been praying for this day since I first set foot on the UNISA campus. I can remember asking God, that if it is in God's will, if God would mind steering me to a place where I could be employed at this university. That was 12 years ago, but I remember it like yesterday. Every time I drove past UNISA, I prayed that prayer, not demanding anything of God, but merely expressing an inner desire.

Working at a university is not easy. I don't expect it to be, but I'm willing to give it my best. My contract is for 10 hours per week and will last until December. There is a possibility that it will be renewed, but I won't stress about that now. I'm just enjoying the moment! The 10 hours per week is luckily not a big issue. I will merely replace my informal writing time with more focused and directed (and payed) work.

Please celebrate today with me.

No comments: