Wednesday, July 23, 2008

With much appreciation

I know I rant now and then about the state of God's people. My frustration is often with the pettiness people spend their time and energies on when there are so many opportunities for witness and service around them... complaining about the speed of the ceiling fans...why we didn't mention so-and-so when we mentioned this-and-that...you know what I'm talking about. I also get frustrated with the institution which seems to have become a haven for power-grabbing, ego-boosting, and pious judgmentalism.

I, however value the hard work and commitment of many people. These people put in a lot of hours without reward, and sometimes without recognition. I'm quite honest in saying that I don't know if I would show the same level of commitment if I were in their shoes. But they do. And they do it week in and week out. They care for people, they love God.

Today we have been the recipients of care, and I feel valued, appreciated, but most of all, loved. I want to say a special thanks to our congregation, the society stewards and in particular, Alec and Renny for taking care of us. I know the time will come when I will no longer be at the Glen. But I know now that this is a time that I will think back on and remember as a very special period in our lives.

Thank you.

No comments: