Thursday, May 01, 2014

Assisi

Assisi is beautiful. That is about as much as I can say. Yesterday I took a train from Termini via Foligno to the conference. Thank goodness for a homeless person who helped me find my train, otherwise I would have missed the picturesque trip (or got delayed significantly anyway). St. Francis would be proud, I think. 

The conference started with a buffet reception. Italian food is special. Natalie would be particularly envious of the mozzarella balls we had with our snacks last night. Yummy!!!! Dinner was followed with a concert by Father Alessandro, a Franciscan tenor, who led prayers in song for about an hour. This was a wonderful way to start our work and to end a day.


Today we start with the presentation of papers. Cornel and I both present ours this morning. The good thing about this is that we can then enjoy the rest of the conference without having to sweat about our presentations. Time for breakfast. Yummy, again!

No comments: