Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Camping gear

I heard this advert on the radio and I had to listen out for it again. The voice said: "Coleman: Camping gear inspired by nature". The actor's accent made it sound like "Coleman: Camping gear inspired by Nietzsche". And so I thought, what would Nietzsche say about camping? Here are some ideas:

Concerning using a compass:
“You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”

Bad directions on a map:
“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you”

A leaking tent in the middle of a storm:
“Amor Fati – “Love Your Fate”, which is in fact your life.”

Running out of toilet paper in the middle of a hike:
“One should die proudly when it is no longer possible to live proudly.”

Good boots:
“All truly great thoughts are conceived while walking”

Camp food poisoning:
“You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.”

Reading a GPS:
"There are no facts, only interpretations."

On gadgets:
"It will break. Live with it" - paraphrase

On self:
"Get over it" - paraphrase

Just a few thoughts. Can you add more?

No comments: