Friday, October 10, 2008

Reflections

We spent two weeks touring Israel and Jordan. It has been a fantastic pilgrimage. The 40 people from my congregation, my wife and I have experienced so much in the past two weeks that it is very difficult to convey. You can view photo's of our trip here.

Israel is great and I'll go back in a heartbeat. Amidst all the turmoil in the country, it still feels like a place with substance and so much to offer the world. Once again, the thoughts are difficult to convey. Our last two days were a bit indifferent. Petra is spectacular, but Jordan as a whole is not on my "to-do" list for the foreseeable future. It is expensive and corrupt.

At the moment I am sitting in Cairo international airport waiting for my flight which is boarding in 4 hours. I am also skype-chatting with my good friend Dion Forster who just landed in Uruguay. Ain't technology great!!!

No comments: