I've been struggling to use my new Nokia E71 as a Bluetooth modem on my Mac (Powerbook G4), but now got it right. I am a Vodacom subscriber. Here are some simple instructions:
1. Download the Phone script here.
2. Expand the file then in the folder, copy the CID1 file and paste it on "harddrive"\Library\Modem Scripts.
3. Pair the phone with the computer.
4. Instead of doing the normal *99#, type "internet"
5. Go to System preferences, Networking, click Bluetooth, Configure.
6. Make sure the number is still "internet" under the PPP tab.
7. PPP configuration, disable "send data packets".
8. Go to Bluetooth modem and see if the Nokia CID1 is selected.
9. Apply now.
Try and connect now.