Sorry, I didn't give blogging up for Lent, so this is going to be a bit of a newsletter in bullet form.
1. Happy Easter everyone. This week is always a bit crazy. We had wonderful services during Holy Week and the congregation is traveling the Lenten journey with a deep sense of renewed, or should I say re-awakened awareness of the meaning of Easter.
2. God blessed me with 4 DVD players packing up in the space of 3 days. My first DVD player crossed into the eternal, luckily still under guarantee. So, I took it back to Hi-Fi Corp, paid in a bit of money to get a relatively good machine (with 5.1 surround sound). I hooked it up, only to be greeted with "white noise" (TSSSSSHHHHHHHHHH for those who don't know what that is). So, I took it back and got another one. Same thing. So, I took it back to get another make. Same thing. It just so happens that Hi-Fi Corp load the same software on the "Warfedale" and "Sansui" machines. I Googled the model numbers to find that these machines do not even feature on these brands' stock lists. Wonder why? So, now knowing that it was a software problem, I checked all the DVD players and Googled them. Now I have a Philips (a real one) and it works just fine - touch wood.
3. Dion and I worked on a book about Methodist Mission which will be launched in a couple of weeks' time. I'll keep you informed on developments.
4. I am now appointed as a part-time lecturer in Ethics at UNISA! I am so happy about this! For one, I will now get some research funding for each article published in an accredited journal. Back to my computer!!!
5. My family is doing well. Please pray for Nats. Please pray for me. Our family is strong and intact, but as individuals, we are taking a bit of strain at the moment.
Until next time, enjoy Easter, buy selectively at shops, buy our book, enroll at UNISA and pray for us.