Saturday, January 12, 2008

Wisdom of children

Well, only a minister's child will come up with the following.

Wednesday was "back-to-school-day" for Matthew. At breakfast I gave him the usual pep-talk regarding appropriate behaviour, a talk well needed seeing that he was going to a new teacher's class and would relish this opportunity to chance his arm.

So, I told him to be good, to look out for new friends, to show them where all the toys are, etc. etc. I ended the conversation with "You are going to have a new teacher. When I go and fetch you, I'm going to ask her how the day went. So, Matt, what is your teacher going to tell me?".

He responded: "Well fella, I've got good news and I've got bad news...". He then got up, and left the table and a dad who couldn't eat any further.

No comments: