Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Thank you for our family

I am sitting with our boys, Matthew and Nathan, waiting for them to fall asleep. Tonight I am first sitting with Matthew. While he slowly drifts into dreamland, I thank God for his life. His gift is that he sees the world through his own eyes. He is not afraid to question, or even to confront if the need arises. He is a brave young man, full of compassion. Matthew loves life and everything that lives. Animals, plants, nature...this is his world. He is respectful and gentle, strong and fair. Thank you Lord, for Matthew.

Now Nathan wants me to tell him a story. It must be one about sea creatures, and so I make up a story that helps him swim away in his imagination. I thank God for Nathan. His gift is that he revels in new experiences. He is not afraid to try anything new, and enjoys every moment of breaking through new boundaries. He is witty and funny. He shrugs off any attempt to be too serious, helping us to see life from perspectives that we tend not to think of. Thank you Lord, for Nathan.

Thank you Lord, for my wife, Natalie. She is my best friend. She is loving, caring, gullible, just, honest, patient, forgiving, trusting, courageous and beautiful.

Thank you Lord for our family.

I feel blessed.


No comments: