Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A slow recovery

I have had an extremely busy two weeks. Both my colleagues are on leave and I have never experienced the church being this busy. For example, on Sunday alone I conducted 3 services and had 5 counseling appointments. Then my body decided to take a break and so for the last two days I've been living in the toilet. I have never slept and you know what like this in my entire life. I went to the doc yesterday who wanted to put me on a drip, but I promised to drink litres of Rehidrat if he spared me the needle. Today I am feeling a bit more human again, hence my ability to blog. Poor little Nathan is still stuggling. Nats took him to the doc just now and hopefully he'll recover soon.

During this time I have been the recipient of much care from my lovely wife and precious little Matthew. A family member, who is going through a rough patch came to visit yesterday. I didn't speak much, but admired my 4 (almost 5) year old's ability to theologize and counsel. Here is a short excerpt of the discussion:

X: I am really feeling very sad.

Matt: Here is a piece of paper. I wrote your name and there is a heart to tell you that I love you.

X: Ag Matt, you make my heart feel so much better.

Matt: But I'm not Jesus. Jesus is in your heart forever. He makes your heart feel better when you are sad.

X: I just wish the pain would go away.

Matt: Jesus doesn't fix your heart just like that (snaps his fingers). But he does make it better eventually.

X: I suppose it is going to take some time.

All I could think was "WOW". I am glad that we're doing something right.

1 comment:

digitaldion (Dion Forster) said...

Hey Wes,

Please forgive me for not responding sooner. I saw that you were not well (on your facebook profile), but I did not get the time to respond. So sorry. I hope you're better soon!

I think there is a warning for you among all of this! Slow down a little!

Love you Nats, Matt and Nathan